4.14.2009
What family means....
I was with my new family (my in-laws) this Easter. How exciting to see a 4-year old boy learn to ride a bike...and to watch an 18-month old girl participate in her first Easter egg hunt. I spend many holidays with them and not my biological family due to physical distance and I feel blessed that we value time together. Some say that family is not chosen, but I disagree. We have a lot of choice: we chose how we communicate with family and how we treat them. We chose whether to be there when times get tough. We chose to spend time with them. With in-laws, choosing to be with a spouse means choosing to be with that person's family. My blessings are not just my own family.... I have great people in my corner from uncles, aunts, and grandparents to cousins to cousin's spouses. My brothers are great men, my parents loving souls. My brothers married two fabulous women and have a total of 6 precious children. My spouse's family is also something I'm grateful for; they treat me as one of theirs and claim that my husband and I were made for each other. Given the man my husband is, that is one of the greatest compliments I could ever receive. Thank your family, and thank God for them.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Carrie....I'm tearing up reading this post. Our sister-in-law club wouldn't be the same without you! You know that had Forrest not asked you when he did, I was amost on one knee myself to make sure you would not get away! Love you girl.
Post a Comment