This year I am thinking of my life resolutions a few months late, the first one being, of course:
-I am going to quit playing by silly rules and living life on my own terms.
-I won't buy magazines that have articles about BOTH losing weight AND baking the best brownies for your family. Are you kidding me?
-I will try to take my relationships back to basics. This means above the basic "I'm ignoring everyone because I'm writing my dissertation."
-I will take my tendency to judge people down one level at a time. First, no verbalizing my judgment, then no thoughts of judgment. If people want to be rude, vain, and materialistic, that's their problem.
-I will adore my wonderful husband at least twice a day; even if it's for his ability to sleep non-stop for 14 hours. Let's face it, it's a desirable trait I don't have and am quite jealous of.
-I will also be genuinely grateful every day; I am blessed with health, love, and a good life. I am not starving and can pay my bills (barely). But most days my troubles are not insurmountable.
No comments:
Post a Comment