
One thing that I'm learning to adjust to in a new marriage is the whole bed/ blanket/ cover deal. Let's face it, no two people do it alike. I like a sheet, a cotton blanket on top of the sheet, and a comforter on top of that. Of course you also need a mattress pad and a bed skirt, but most husbands do not have those concepts in their vernacular. I (like many females) am always cold, so I tend to steal covers. The bed sharing issue is a completely different can of worms. The covers, however, are constantly ambushed by my husband. He sleeps very restlessly (unlike myself) and he is always warm. So the fate of the covers in his reality is that they are tossed to the floor, discarded to the far ends of the bedroom, not to be seen until light of day. I feel blessed to have my cover sabotaging husband. Because the truth is, we are briefly apart while I complete my Ph.D. And when we do spend a weekend together, I find that the cover deal really makes me face the reality of our situation. Sunday evening when I am re-making my bed, I feel as if I would trade the world for him to come back and mess up the organization and harmony of the covers.
1 comment:
I'm laughing out loud!!
Post a Comment