1.13.2009
Grace...
I've had my eye on grace for awhile now. I love the idea, I just can't quite get it right (which means, I can't do it always and at every moment), although I'm partially obsessed with it. According to dictionary.com, grace is "elegance or beauty of form, manner, motion, or action" and its visible everywhere. Examples: an old women in a restaurant gives you a nice compliment; a young man opens a door for you; someone down on their luck takes a moment to help you out; a person gives their friends (and strangers) literally the shirt off their back. Those who think grace is only outer beauty and non-clumsiness have it wrong. It exists only when your heart and deeds are about as pure as humans can achieve. And it's hard to have grace when you feel like slapping the guy who cut you off in traffic or the people who stand in the middle of a walkway and look lost and make people walk around them. But these are good lessons to practice grace, and I realize how challenging it is when I have practice everyday. But the good news is that God keeps giving me new days to practice ;)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment